Apex Legends Season 6 ‘Boosted‘ is just around the corner and along with its new features. Respawn showcased some of the new things coming to Apex Legends during their Devstream. We got a better look at the battle pass, crafting, ranked, and what we can expect this season.
Grab the Battle Pass and complete challenges to unlock Legendary items like Built for Speed Pathfinder, Road Warrior Bloodhound, and the Hypersonic reactive G7.
Season 6 – Boosted kicks off tonight at 10pm PT. See you Legends then. 😉 pic.twitter.com/KDno1YeH4v
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) August 17, 2020
To start off with the patch notes one of the biggest features is always the new legend. In this case, Ramya Parekh otherwise known as Rampart is coming to the Apex Games. We got a small look at her abilities during her trailer but we will go over them again.
- Passive: Modded Loader – Rampart has increased magazine capacity and faster reloads when using LMGs and the Minigun. Modded Loader also increases the amount of shots before overheating occurs and improves cooling when using the L-STAR.
- Tactical: Amped Cover – Rampart builds a crouch-cover wall, which deploys a full-cover amped wall that blocks incoming shots and amps outgoing shots. A max of 5 amped walls can be deployed at a time.
- Ultimate: Emplaced Minigun “Sheila” – Rampart places a mounted machine gun that anyone can use, with high ammo capacity and a long reload time. A max of 3 miniguns can be deployed at a time.
In addition to Rampart, we also are getting a new weapon and crafting coming to Apex Legends.
The highly anticipated Volt SMG is finally making its debut in Apex Legends. The Volt SMG will be an energy-based weapon.
Crafting will also be a completely new feature in Apex Legends. Materials will be placed in the loot pool around the map and you can take these materials to a Replicator. This device will have 8 possible items to craft. Loot in the Replicator will also rotate on a daily and weekly basis.
One of the major changes coming in Season 6 other than new areas will be the Armor Meta. Armor will still spawn as part of the loot pool but it will now only be Evo Armor. Players will also spawn with Evo Armor and can be leveled into white armor by getting into fights early on. Red Evo Armor will be the only Armor that doesn’t spawn naturally. Gold Armor will still be in the game but will still be rare.
Holo Sprays will also be a new addition to emotes in Apex Legends. These will also be part of the Battle Pass along with new weapons and legend cosmetics. Skydive emotes, weapon charms, crafting materials, & more will also be part of the Battle Pass. A new quest will also be added this season and will give more rewards much like the Broken Ghost quest.
This Season will also update all recon legends being able to use survey beacons. This means Crypto, Bloodhound and Pathfinder will be able to scan survey beacons. Pathfinder now has his ultimate cooldown reduced every time he scans a beacon. Crypto will also be able to use survey and respawn beacons from his drone but at a longer duration.
There is also a good amount of weapon changes coming to Apex Legends Season 6 but here are some of the major ones.
- Turbocharger has been added back
- Precision Choke will now be integrated into the Triple Take and Peacekeeper
- The R-99 will now be a supply drop
- The Devotion is coming out of the supply drop
- Supply Drop Weapons are now Red instead of Gold to avoid confusion of fully kitted weapons
Ranked also had a minor update. There will still be splits but they will now be called Seasons rather than Series. Rewards will still be the same and nothing major has completely changed.
These are the biggest changes coming to Apex Legends Season 6 ‘Boosted‘ and for more detailed information you can view the official patch notes here. What are you most excited for this coming season?