Discussion of who will be jumping ship from the popular Titanfall games to Apex Legends has become just as exciting as playing the game. We know data miners have been digging through hidden game files looking for clues as to who will be joining the game in the next upcoming season but in one interesting post it seems that the developers may have given us more of an insight than they expected. In a post made during late August by data miner That1MiningGuy it was made known that Apex Legends may be adding up to thirteen new characters.
Blisk and Crypto have been highly talked about over the last few weeks with more information and hype surrounding the two new characters. We covered Blisk’s leak in our previous article regarding his abilities and release timeframe.
Models and renders have shown what could be in store for Crypto especially with his drone and a puzzle cube being added into the game files.
As mentioned before there may be up to thirteen new characters added and we have only spoken about two. Well, who are the next eleven? Let’s take a look at the names and abilities that were leaked.
Blackout/Revenant – The Nightmare Simulacrum
- Mark for Death: Fires a poison dagger. Press again to reveal the target’s location for 60 seconds.
- (If enemy is marked a message will pop up “Something is watching you.”)
- Poison Bomb: Launch a Poison Bomb. Damages and slows targets hit.
- Infiltrator: You crouch walk faster and climb walls higher.
- Shadow Walk: Move silently and faster for 6 seconds. Cooldown resets on kill.
- Shadow Step: Send out a Shadow Revenant. Press again to teleport to the shadow. Cooldown resets to kill.
- Proximity Dart
- Silence: Throw a device that disables enemy tactical abilities for 10 seconds.
- Death Recall: Drop a totem that protects anyone who uses it from death. Instead of getting downed or dying you teleport back to were you dropped your totem in 20 HP.
- Shadow Door: Open doors through walls for 5 seconds.
- Extra: Enters Shadow Form when using Death Recall. Sounds are already in the game. Blackout/Revenant is a Simulacra, a human mind uploaded to a robot body.
Skunner – The Crafty Trapper
- Debris Trap: Drop a pile of debris that slows and damages enemies which they move through it.
- Schiltrom Barrier Grenade: Instantly create a spiked barrier.
- Light Step: You are not slowed by debris traps and do not leave traversal evidence for trackers.
Jericho – The Frontline
- Ballistic Shield: A full-body shield that protects you from incoming fire.
- Shield-Breaker Javelins: Throw two electrically-charged javelins that burn through enemy body shields.
- On Your Six: Your ballistic shield protects your back when you are not actively using it.
Prophet/Seer – The Scout Sniper
- Spotter Sight: Seer scans the environment and gathers information on targets found. (Theorized that he/she can see health bars.)
- Triple Tap: Seer equips a silenced Sniper Rifle with three shots.
- Sniper Training: Seer has improved accuracy while ADS and starts the game with a scope.
Rose/Loba – The Translocating Thief
- Burglar’s Best Friend: Throw a disc and teleport to that location.
- Supply for Demand: Hold %offhand1% to choose a type of loot. Reveal what type of loot around you through walls.
- Black Market Boutique: Place a device that can steal all nearby loot.
- Eye for Quality: Loba can see nearby loot through walls and can open up hidden compartments in loot bins.
- Extra: Loot Category; Weapons, Armor, Health & Shields, Attachments, Backpacks, and Ammo & Ordnance.
Nomad – The Field Crafter
- Loot Compass: Follow the Loot Compass to the nearest item.
- Crafting Table: Place a crafting table down. Scrap salvageable material and purchase items.
- Packmule: Nomad and his teammates have additional backpack space.
Downfall – The Populist Pyromaniac
- Fire Sale: Drop a box of 4 molotovs anyone in your squad can pick up and throw.
- Reign of Fire: Fire a cascade of incendiary rockets.
- Burning Anger: Dealing damage builds rage. Filling your rage makes you immune to fire for 20 seconds.
- Molotov Cocktail: Throw a firebomb that sets enemies on fire.
Husaria – The Hard Breacher
- Flashbang: Throw a grenade that briefly blinds and deafens opponents.
- Concussive Breaching Charge: Plant a breaching charge that fires a sonic wave through walls to destroy traps, force open doors, and disorient enemies.
- Shotgun Kick: A Breaching Shotgun on your calf that discharges when you melee doors or enemies. Requires shotgun ammo.
Immortal – The Shield Support
- Shield Charger: Unleash a cloud of nanites to charge your team’s shields.
- Rise of the Phoenix: Restores your health and shields to full and gives nearby teammates 30 seconds of self-revive. Takes 8 seconds to charge.
- Hard to Kill: When you get downed you can revive yourself.
- Shield Teardowns: Hit a target with a cloud of nanites to kill their shields for a short period of time.
Rampart – The Base of Fire
- Amped Cover: Build cover that provides a damage boost to anyone standing behind it.
- My Friend Maxim: Place a mounted machine gun that anyone in the squad can use. Uses Heavy Ammo.
- Fixer: Swapping to melee equips a wrench you can use to repair structures.
- Cover Fire: Firing from cover overcharges your gun damage.
- Gunner: LMGs have increased magazine capacity and reload faster.
- Extra: Can pick up cover and move it.
Valk – The Soaring Aviator
- VTOL Jets: Hold to Hover.
- Skyward: You and nearby allies take to the skies after a short cooldown.
- Afterburners: After the initial drop, Valk and her teammates fly faster while skydiving.
The community has voiced their opinions on who they believe the next character will and should be but with the only one champion being added every 2-3 months we are eagerly awaiting the next character. Some of the characters themselves seem a little too OP when it comes to joining Apex Legends but we also know rumors are flying about of a new game mode coming in season three. Only time will tell so let me ask who are you most excited to see join the Apex Games?