Another highly anticipated season of Apex Legends as Season 5 officially launches. This new season is bringing us quite a bit of weapon and map changes along with the addition of Loba. Let’s not waste any time and look at the big changes set for Fortune’s Favor.
Most of these patch notes have been covered already so we won’t go into a lot of detail.
New Legend: Loba
Loba is a thief and is out for revenge. Here is a breakdown of her abilities:
Tactical – Burglar’s Best Friend
- Teleport to hard-to-reach places or escape trouble quickly by throwing your Jump Drive bracelet.
Ultimate – Black Market Boutique
- Place a portable device that allows you to teleport nearby loot to your inventory. Each friendly or enemy Legend can take up to two items.
Passive – Eye for Quality
- Nearby epic and Legendary loot can be seen through walls.
- The range is the same as Black Market Boutique.
Map Update: Kings Canyon
Kings Canyon has had a small makeover. We sadly say goodbye to Skull Town and Thunderdome and we say hello to a few new places.
POI, Salvage is a new area added to the Broken Coast. This is where Skull Town once was. Offshore Rig connects to the former Relay and Wetlands. Wetlands has been replaced by the excavation of the Capacitor, which has a new underground pathway to Singh Labs. Nesting Grounds has continued to regrow into the Reclaimed Forest, which features an expanded Singh Labs exterior and a small camp outside of The Cage.
Charge Towers have also been added to the map. Whoever activates it, any legend standing on its platform will be granted with a fully charged ultimate.
Season Quest: The Broken Ghost
A season-long quest to find 9 pieces of a mysterious relic. You can find a daily Treasure Pack in competitive matches to start the hunt. From there you will get free weekly drops of new Story, Gameplay, and Rewards.
New Feature: Reconnect
Respawn has added a Reconnect feature. Simply restart the game and the game will allow you to reconnect to your ranked match. There will be a time period to reconnect and if you miss it you will be penalized.
Battle Pass, Ranked & Gameplay
The battle pass will stay the same. You complete challenges for rewards. You will also complete daily and weekly challenges to level up the battle pass. Certain challenges have been tweaked.
Ranked will also stay true to its form.
New bundles have been added to the store which will include 3 or more items. You will get a discount if you already own something in the bundle.
Legends will also have new lines depending on who is on the team.
There were a few legend changes but we will go over the biggest ones.
- Tactical: Psyche Out
- Pressing the character utility action button allows Mirage to gain control of his decoy.
- When controlling the decoy, it will mimic Mirage’s every move.
- Decoys now last for 60 seconds.
- Releasing another decoy will remove the previous decoy.
- Ultimate: Life of the Party
- Mirage deploys a team of decoys that mimic his every move (think “Emergency Dance Party” from DUMMIEs Big Day).
- Cooldown 60 seconds.
- Passive: Now You See Me…
- In addition to cloaking when downed, Mirage also cloaks while using a respawn beacon and reviving a teammate (the teammate is also cloaked).
- Mirage’s “You got Bamboozled” line will now trigger when you bamboozle an enemy, instead of when you release a decoy.
- Tactical: Drone
- Crypto can now ping banners, while in drone, to warn teammates of nearby squads.
- Friendly gas no longer slows teammates.
- Caustic traps are no longer triggered from the other side of a door.
- The cooldown for Grappling Hook has been increased from 15 seconds to 35 seconds.
Weapon and Loot Changes
There were again quite a bit of changes made to weapons and loot so we will go over the main ones.
The new Season 5 fully kitted gold weapons are as follows:
- Longbow DMR
The Peacekeeper and Mastiff have traded places. The Peacekeeper will no longer be in the loot pool and will now be an exclusive care package weapon. The Mastiff will now be added into the loot pool and adjustments have been made to each weapon.
Hopups – The Anvil Reciever has been vaulted and the Skullpiercer has returned to the game. The Skullpiercer will only be for the Wingman and the Longbow.
Gold Armor – The armor will no longer give you 50% healing (fast healing) but will now instead give you a double amount of shield cell & syringe usage.
The patch notes revealed a lot of new changes. We didn’t get to cover all of them but instead focused on some of the bigger changes. For a full list of everything, you can check out the full patch notes here from Respawn. How excited are you for Season 5 of Apex Legends?