The leveling system in Apex Legends is something players have been asking Respawn to work on. Once the max level of 100 is met there is really nothing left to do in your account progression. You gain Legend Tokens and use them for exclusive items in the store or wait to grab the newest legend. Now that is changed as Apex Legends increase the level cap and account progression.
Level cap increase, progression changes, and even more Apex packs.
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) November 26, 2019
Here is a look at exactly what you can expect from the update:
- Player Level cap increased from 100 -> 500
- XP required to hit level 100 has been reduced by approximately 5% to smooth out per level XP increases
- Players can now earn 199 Apex Packs by level 500 (previously 45)
- Level 2 – 20: One pack every level
- Level 22 – 300: One pack every two levels
- Level 305 – 500: One pack every five levels
- You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level
- Apex Packs rewards will be retroactive
- Players will also earn a Player Level Gun Charm every 100 Player Levels
- 36 new Gun Charms are going into Apex Packs at Epic and Legendary tier
- Gun charms will now appear in the Rotating Shop for players who prefer direct purchase
The Player Level cap has been increased from 100 to 500. Players can now earn a total of 199 Apex Packs related to Player Level rewards at the following cadence:
- Level 2 – 20: One pack every level (19 Apex Packs total)
- Level 22 – 300: One pack every two levels (140 Apex Packs total)
- Level 305 – 500: One pack every five levels (40 Apex Packs total)
- You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level and per 18,000 XP at level 500
This is great for players who have been asking for more ways to level up their accounts and are interested more in badges and rewards. Plenty of the community has been asking for a change to the Apex Legends level system since Season 1 and this is just what we needed.