For the past few weeks, leaks of the upcoming winter event for Apex Legends were making the rounds. While no date was provided we assumed it would be during the last week of December. Most of the events so far have only lasted two weeks so many believed it would bring in the New Year for Apex Legends. As a treat to the dedicated player base, we were given an early Holo-Day surprise during the Game Awards. The main man Mirage himself announced that the Apex legends Holo-Day Bash Event would start on the 12th of December.
You got bamboozled! Admit it, I totally had you fooled but no hard feelings, ok? That was all so I could get your attention and invite you to my amazing Holo-day Bash! And guess what? It starts…right now!
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) December 13, 2019
Here is a breakdown of everything in the Holo-Day Bash event:
- Limited Time Mode – Winter Express
- A non-Battle Royale point-capture mode featuring three teams of three
- Exclusive event challenges with free earnable cosmetics, including two Legendary weapon skins
- Town Takeover – The Mirage Voyage
- 24 Event Limited premium cosmetics available directly for Apex Coins and Crafting Metals and available through Holo-Day Bash Event Packs
- Pathfinder Heirloom Set Preview
- Unlock all 24 Holo-Day Bash Event Pack cosmetics during the event and unlock the Pathfinder Heirloom set for free
- Double XP Weekend
New skins, a new town takeover, Pathfinder Heirloom, and a new LTM! Respawn has decided to spoil us for this winter event and it lasts almost an entire month. So grab some hot cocoa and your favorite weapon till January 7th to experience the Mirage Holo-Day Bash.
Congratulations to Apex Legends for winning Best Multiplayer Game of the year.